Pesto Hummus Pasta Recipe by Tessa’s Eats
Trazza Insider Tessa DiVergilio is the founder of the amazing @tessas_eats Instagram account. Tessa provided us with her recipe for a simply delightful pesto hummus pasta featuring our Pesto Hummus and we are thrilled to be sharing it with you!
Here is what Tessa had to say about this wonderful dish:
“I like hummus on pasta, and I like pesto on pasta, so this was basically a match made in heaven… introducing PESTO HUMMUS PASTA trust me – you need this easy dinner recipe in your life. This recipe can be thrown together in 30 minutes, and it is vegan if you omit the shredded parmesan. Lastly it’s a great way to use some of those summer veggies!”
Pesto Hummus Pasta Recipe
(Makes 2-3 servings)
* 8 oz pasta (in this recipe I think normal pasta is better than chickpea or lentil based pasta so the flavor won’t overpower the sauce)
* 1/2 cup Trazza Foods Pesto Hummus
* 1/3-1/2 cup pasta water (start with 1/3 cup and add more as needed)
* roasted veggies (I used roasted zucchini and cherry tomatoes, I also put some minced garlic on the veggies when I roasted them)
* a couple large handfuls of spinach
* pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
* salt and pepper, to taste
* shredded pecorino or parmesan
Cook the pasta according to package directions, making sure to only cook it until it’s AL DENTE. Don’t make it any softer than al dente because it will get softer as it’s mixed with the sauce. Before you drain the pasta, reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta, then add a drizzle of olive oil so the pasta doesn’t get sticky. Immediately, while the pasta is hot, add in the spinach, then put on the lid for 30 seconds so it wilts. Stir in the spinach, then add the pesto hummus. Stir it up then add the pasta water, starting with 1/3 cup and adding more until you get the consistency you like. Add in red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Once the sauce is at a good consistency, gently stir in the roasted veggies. Top with shredded parmesan and enjoy!!
Many thanks to Tessa for sharing this recipe with us, and for sending us the lovely pasta photos used in this article!
Follow Tessa’s Eats
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/tessas_eats/