Yields: Makes two sandwiches. Can be served hot or cold.
Warm sunny days have us dreaming about picnics and outdoor dining, and that’s also got us thinking about sandwiches – a must have in any picnic basket or lunch box!
Of course we like to have fun with flavors, so we’ve combined the spice of Trazza’s Fire Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Hummus with fresh avocado on rustic artisan bread.
- 4 slices bread of your choosing
- ½ cup Trazza Roasted Red Pepper & Chipotle Hummus
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (plain or seasoned)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, drained or fresh red pepper slices
- Olive oil or butter (for grilling)
- Spread hummus evenly onto bread slices.
- Slice avocado (remove skin) and place on two slices of the bread.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta over the avocado slices.
- Top with roasted red peppers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place remaining two pieces of bread on top to form two sandwiches.
If grilling, brush the outside pieces of bread with olive oil or butter and place on a hot grill or hot pan until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately!